About The Dufferin Community Foundation
The Dufferin Community Foundation is a charitable public foundation created by and for the people of Dufferin. The Canada Revenue Agency has registered our foundation under # 78021 9911 RR 0001.
We encourage endowment building and facilitate philanthropic partnerships within Dufferin, today and for future generations. We support the people who live and work here through grants to community projects run by charitable organizations.
Our goal is to supplement the ongoing charitable work in our community by creating new sources of funding for them. We encourage philanthropy of all kinds in Dufferin. We act as champions for issues that matter and direct grants to everything from shelter, education, care for those in need, the environment, recreation and the arts, and more.
The Dufferin Community Foundation is part of a nationwide movement of over 191 community foundations whose objective is to help build stronger and more vibrant communities. The Dufferin Community Foundation was created to serve all parts of the county including Orangeville, Shelburne, Mono, Grand Valley, Mulmur, Melancthon, Amaranth and East Garafraxa.
How We Do It
- Our goal at The Dufferin Community Foundation is to make giving easy, flexible and effective. We work with you and/or your financial advisor to maximize the value of your charitable gifts. Our goal is to help you meet important needs in the community, fulfill your charitable goals, and maximize your tax advantages.
- Gifts can support any charitable cause you can imagine. We believe in the power of individuals and organizations working together to effect positive change in Dufferin County.
- Gifts are pooled and invested to form permanent community assets. Earnings from these assets are granted back into the community each year to registered charities.
We envision Dufferin County as a vibrant place where community innovation and leadership flourish, supported by an engaged, focused, well managed and funded charitable sector.
To create a vibrant community where a can-do attitude engages residents, philanthropists and service providers. We strive to connect caring community members to worthwhile causes by growing endowment funds and providing responsible grants that will leave a positive legacy of enriched community wellbeing in Dufferin County.
The Dufferin Community Foundation will focus its efforts responsibly to:
- Foster philanthropy within Dufferin County
- Build and responsibly manage community-based endowment funds
- Address community needs and opportunities through strategic grant making while honouring the objectives of donors
- Offer an opportunity for people to give back to the community that has nurtured them
Our Board of Directors
Our board members are individuals who generously volunteer their time, expertise and energy on our Board of Directors and committees. Their knowledge of the community and dedication help guide our work in the community we serve.
Gord Gallaugher, President
MaryAnn Lowry, Vice President
Laura Ryan, Director
Joan Waechter, Director
Stephen Doney, Treasurer
Shirley Boxem, Board Secretary
Community Foundations of Canada
Community Foundations of Canada is the national network for Canada’s 191 community foundations. Together they help Canadians invest in making our communities better places to live, work and play. More than 90% of Canadian communities have access to a community foundation — from our largest cities to our smallest towns. Collectively they hold combined assets of more than $5.2 billion and have put hundreds of millions back into Canadian communities over their 97-year history. Community Foundations of Canada puts the strength of their philanthropic network to the best possible use for our communities and our country. To find out more about Community Foundations of Canada, visit their website http://communityfoundations.ca/